Are you looking for your next driving challenge? Do you have the ability to work to a flexible, fast-paced, reactive and changing work schedule? If the answer is yes, then we have an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company with safety and family values at its heart.
From its Port of Middlesbrough base, AV Dawson provides a full freight logistics service, including shipping, rail freight, warehousing and storage, all supported by an extensive road transport fleet. Employing around 240 people across the region, AV Dawson is dedicated to the development and progression of it’s employees and strives to give back to the community in which we operate.
As part of on-going business development, we are looking to recruit a full time HGV Class 1 Night Driver to work in our container operations. He/she will be based at our port facilities in Middlesbrough.
The key aspects of the role include:
- Delivering/loading containers/ferry trailers primarily from Teesport to various locations in the UK on nightshift.
- Adherence to safe working procedures and legislative requirements, this includes managing working time and driver’s hour’s regulations through accurate tachograph system recording.
- Completion of appropriate reports and documentation relating to delivery and transportation as part of company procedures.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Deliver and load containers in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work some weekends, on request, to satisfy customer requirements.
- Work flexibly – working in a fast-paced, reactive department, work schedules can change to ensure the successful completion of work in order to meet required timescales.
- Work well with a team, showing excellent communication skills.
This role offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
Click here of you Want to know what its like working for us?
Interested applicants should send a copy of their curriculum vitae and a brief covering letter to AV Dawson HR Department via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the reference: AVD/C1CN/2021