Are you looking to work for a growing company, offering a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package? AV Dawson is the place for you!
AV Dawson is a company who is dedicated in the promotion of health & wellbeing of its employees, offering a benefits package to match. This includes: performance and loyalty bonuses, additional holidays and matched* pension contributions, to name but a few. AV Dawson is also dedicated in the development and progression of its employees.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for an HR Advisor to join our busy HR Team. As an HR Advisor, you will partner closely with managers across the business to provide support and guidance in line with policies, procedures, legal requirements, and best practice. You will have a solid understanding of UK Employment Law and will be proficient offering advice to all levels of seniority.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- This role will hold a full generalist remit including employee relations, performance management, absence management, recruitment, training, talent development, succession planning, and organisational restructuring.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation to the business units in accordance with their local requirements.
- Consult with line management at the various business units and provide HR guidance and solutions.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for all business units.
- Manage recruitment activities, providing advice and solutions.
- Resolve complex employee relations issues and address grievances.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Oversee compensation & benefits including payroll and benefits packages.
- Undertake a variety of HR projects such as staff surveys, engagement strategies, up-skilling programmes, wellbeing initiatives, as well as reviewing and creating HR policies & procedures.
- Work closely with and develop strong relationships with other support functions such as Finance, HSE & IT.
Qualifications / Experience / Technical Skills / Knowledge:
- Minimum Level 5 qualification in Human Resource Management.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD).
- Have excellent interpersonal, team building and communication skills with a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Have experience of conflict resolution and be an effective mediator.
- Be able to demonstrate objectivity, critical thinking and make balanced decisions.
- Have analytical capabilities and be solution and improvement oriented.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience as an HR Generalist with some experience of business partnering.