AV Dawson is a successfully growing business and as part of our ongoing development, we are looking to enhance our Plant team with an experienced Plant Fitter, based at our Port of Middlesbrough site. The successful candidate must have experience of carrying out fast and effective repairs and routine services on a wide range of plant equipment and cranes.
The key aspects of the role include:
• Diagnosing and carrying out mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and repairs on industrial vehicles and plant equipment.
• Maintenance of plant equipment, for example, forklift trucks, loading shovels and shunt trucks.
As a successful candidate you will have:
• Excellent diagnostic skills
• The ability to manage your own time with minimal supervision to ensure repair of equipment within the required timescales
• Excellent communication skills, highly organised and able to work as part of a flexible wider team
• Excellent approach to health and safety standards and procedures
Experience of welding, flame cutting and fabrication duties would be beneficial.
The successful applicant will be required to show expertise, initiative, focus and commitment.
Interested applicants should send a copy of their curriculum vitae and a brief covering letter to AV Dawson HR Department.
This role offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
From its Port of Middlesbrough base, AV Dawson provides a full freight logistics service, including shipping, rail freight, warehousing and storage, all supported by an extensive road transport fleet. Employing around 240 people across the region, AV Dawson is dedicated to the development and progression of it’s employees and strives to give back to the community in which we operate.