Are you looking to work for a growing company, offering a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package? AV Dawson is the place for you!
AV Dawson is a company who is dedicated in the promotion of health & wellbeing of its employees, offering a benefits package to match. This includes performance and loyalty bonuses, additional holidays and matched* pension contributions, to name but a few. AV Dawson is also dedicated in the development and progression of its employees.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for a Senior Buyer to join our busy Procurement Team.
This position is viewed as being an integral role within the business. It will involve working closely across all operational levels to source products and services to meet business needs.
Key responsibilities include:
In collaboration with other departments, support commercial activity by evaluating bids, drafting tender documents, and negotiating supplier contracts to ensure business needs and legal obligations are met and commercial risk is minimised.
- Ensure effective procurement processes are in place for all suppliers’ products and services to ensure they are fit for purpose, meet business expectations, and appropriate accreditations.
- Work with the Procurement Manager to develop and manage departmental that support the business’ objectives.
- Seek out improvements by reviewing existing work, systems, and processes.
- Compile all supplier contracts, develop, and manage a schedule of contract reviews and renewals to maximise value for money.
- Maintain a clearly categorised, up to date contract and tender documentation library to enable professional, compelling bids and contract renewals to be produced efficiently.
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships by serving as a single point of contact for contractual matters.
- Monitor sources of supplier intelligence through press, internet, credit research as well as through supplier contacts in order to maintain a high level of knowledge on critical suppliers.
- Compiling and preparing management information including analysis and producing reports.
- Support in the management of an efficient and effective store’s function.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, adaptable and have a very high concern for ethical and business standards. It is essential to have strong negotiation and inter-personal skills. Experience of procurement methods is essential, as is the ability to be self-motivated, work flexibly and be able to effectively influence procurement practises across the business, driving change and achieving efficiencies. The successful candidate will be CIPS qualified must have excellent communication skills be SAP and excel proficient and be fully conversant with all Microsoft packages.
Interested internal applicants should send a copy of their curriculum vitae and a brief covering letter to AV Dawson HR Department via firstname.lastname@example.org.