Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you have the ability to work to a flexible, fast-paced, reactive and changing work schedule? If the answer is yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Traffic Operator to work in our busy transport department. He/she will be based at our port facilities in Middlesbrough.2
The role requirements involve:
• Working as part of a team to ensure all night shift deliveries are achieved in accordance with customer requirements and deadline
• Managing the fulfilment of the night-time plan by organizing and co-ordinating drivers and subcontractors to maximise efficiency
• Liaising with customer depots to problem solve delivery issues
• Dealing with night-time telephone phone calls quickly, efficiently and professionally
• General transport administration duties to include recording accurate information, both elec-ronically and paper based
• Producing an accurate written hand-over at the end of the shift for the day working team
• Actively promoting Health and safety compliance to ensure legislative requirements and internal processes are met
The successful candidate will ideally:
• Have previous experience in a busy transport environment
• Possess a National CPC Road Transport Management qualification
• Have previous experience in the use of standard I.T systems, to include Microsoft packages
• Be highly organised and efficient, with a keen eye for detail
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
AV Dawson is a growing company with safety and family values at its heart. From its Port of Middlesbrough base, AV Dawson provides a full freight logistics service, including shipping, rail freight, ware-housing and storage, all supported by an extensive road transport fleet. Employing around 240 people across the region, AV Dawson is dedicated to the development and progression of its employees and strives to give back to the community in which we operate.
Click here of you Want to know what it’s like working for us?
Interested applicants should send a copy of their curriculum vitae and a brief covering letter with salary expectations/current remuneration package to AV Dawson HR Department via email@example.com.
Please quote reference