Looking for a new challenge or a change work location/role? We have an exciting opportunity for you.
AV Dawson is one of the largest and widely recognised businesses in Teesside. We are currently looking for a fitter working a shift rota, 4 on 4 off, to help maintain Company and Client trailers.
The key aspects of the role include:
- Carrying out routine trailer inspections in accordance with service and MOT standards and requirements
- Carrying out maintenance service work to trailers
- Carrying out MOT preparation, including repairs where necessary
The successful candidate you will have:
- Previous experience in maintaining LGV trailers to the recognized VOSA standard
- Knowledge of ABS/EBS
- The ability to manage your own time with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- A good understanding of Health and Safety standards and procedures
- Have the ability to work to a pre-determined work schedule to ensure the successful completion of work to the required timescale
It would be advantageous if the successful candidate:
- was able to carry out fault finding and light fabrication work
- have knowledge of hydraulics
- have a Level 2 or 3 qualification in heavy vehicle or trailer maintenance
Click here of you Want to know what it’s like working for us?