Ideally positioned on the River Tees in the North East of England, Port of Middlesbrough provides full freight logistics across a number of sectors. The 40 hectare site boasts deep-water berths, four market specific rail terminals including a container terminal and climate-controlled metals hub, all supported by its road transport fleet. Whether you’re looking for import, export, local hub distribution or on-port accommodation, The Port of Middlesbrough can provide the connectivity and added efficiencies you’re after in your logistics operations.Menu
Port of Middlesbrough provides specialist freight logistics across a number of sectors including, energy and renewables, construction, agriculture, automotive and waste. As the only port in the region with high and heavy lift access, the 40 Hectare facility also boasts deep-water berths, four market specific rail terminals, all supported by its road transport fleet. The Port of Middlesbrough is your ideal partner for the long term.Menu
We seek to form positive relationships which are committed to securing the future prosperity of the business and improving the working life for employees.Menu
- About Us
Community & CharitiesMenu
News & EventsMenu
- Contact Us
BREXIT PREPAREDNESS PLAN
Brexit Preparedness Plan
Like many businesses, we have been working to ensure we are best prepared for exiting the EU ever since Brexit was first announced.
We thought it prudent to assure you of the steps we have taken to ensure our supply chains are ‘Brexit Ready’ and avoid any disruption and delays. These measures relate to our operations at Port of Middlesbrough, our ships agency Cockfield Knight and also our wider AV Dawson operations. The measures are all based on our understanding of the information available today.
Below is a summary of the measures we have put in place to help minimise the impact of Brexit for our customers and stakeholders.
- A company-wide taskforce to manage Brexit.
- A live risk assessment to continually identify, manage and monitor all types of risk.
- UK EORI number with the HMRC.
- Ensuring our relevant approvals are all up to date including Temporary Storage Facility (TSF), customs bonded warehousing, compulsory customs guarantee (CCG) and Approved Freight Service Operator (AFSO) status.
- Implementation of an HMRC-approved inventory system.
- Freeing up space for potential additional container and tank storage.
- Working with our key stakeholders to understand how Brexit affects them.
Download our Brexit Preparedness Plan for further details