BREXIT PREPAREDNESS PLAN
Brexit Preparedness Plan
Like many businesses, we have been working to ensure we are best prepared for exiting the EU ever since Brexit was first announced.
We thought it prudent to assure you of the steps we have taken to ensure our supply chains are ‘Brexit Ready’ and avoid any disruption and delays. These measures relate to our operations at Port of Middlesbrough, our ships agency Cockfield Knight and also our wider AV Dawson operations. The measures are all based on our understanding of the information available today.
Below is a summary of the measures we have put in place to help minimise the impact of Brexit for our customers and stakeholders.
- A company-wide taskforce to manage Brexit.
- A live risk assessment to continually identify, manage and monitor all types of risk.
- UK EORI number with the HMRC.
- Ensuring our relevant approvals are all up to date including Temporary Storage Facility (TSF), customs bonded warehousing, compulsory customs guarantee (CCG) and Approved Freight Service Operator (AFSO) status.
- Implementation of an HMRC-approved inventory system.
- Freeing up space for potential additional container and tank storage.
- Working with our key stakeholders to understand how Brexit affects them.
Download our Brexit Preparedness Plan for further details