We want to help steer your career in the right direction and reach your full potential as you become an integral member of the team. Reviewing your progress on a regular basis with your manager, will allow you to achieve everything you want and having the chance to sit down with your line manager to ensure you are happy within your role. We want our people to be multi-skilled allowing them to rotate between different departments allowing them to broaden their skillset and become multidisciplined.
Another career path we provide is apprenticeships – from leaving school or going back to school – we currently have many colleagues who are embarking on their apprenticeship journey at different ages. We’ve seen colleagues’ from all different departments beginning their apprenticeship journey – from finance to HGV driving, the list is endless. Inspiring people from all walks of life is important, whether you are 19 or 49 – there is always time to improve and become the best version of yourself. Our aim is to ultimately inspire the next working generation.
Bringing benefits to you
Here at Port of Middlesbrough, you aren’t just a colleague, you are a part of the family.
As family does, we aim to support you during your journey with us and you will enjoy a wealth of benefits including:
- Access to BenefitHub and enjoy discounts and deals at Highstreet and online shops, restaurants plus much more!
- Health care plan via Healthshield – eligibility for discounts for chiropody, optical care and dentistry.
- Progression and training opportunities.
- Colleague app – access to the latest news, events and documents across the business.
- Ability to purchase annual leave days.
- Matched pension contribution – up to 5% and the company will match this.
- Free gym and fitness studio.
- Plenty of social events and internal colleague events