Ideally positioned on the River Tees in the North East of England, Port of Middlesbrough provides full freight logistics across a number of sectors. The 40 hectare site boasts deep-water berths, four market specific rail terminals including a container terminal and climate-controlled metals hub, all supported by its road transport fleet. Whether you’re looking for import, export, local hub distribution or on-port accommodation, The Port of Middlesbrough can provide the connectivity and added efficiencies you’re after in your logistics operations.Menu
Port of Middlesbrough provides specialist freight logistics across a number of sectors including, energy and renewables, construction, agriculture, automotive and waste. As the only port in the region with high and heavy lift access, the 40 Hectare facility also boasts deep-water berths, four market specific rail terminals, all supported by its road transport fleet. The Port of Middlesbrough is your ideal partner for the long term.Menu
We seek to form positive relationships which are committed to securing the future prosperity of the business and improving the working life for employees.Menu
- About Us
Community & CharitiesMenu
News & EventsMenu
- Contact Us
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We collect the information we need directly from you. That way, you know what we have, when you have given it and we can be sure you’ve provided us with the most accurate and up to date information. At times we may ask you for data; this can happen in the following events:
- When you start to do business with us
- When you contact us for any reason
- If you complete an online form
- If you provide us with your business card
- If you enter a competition
- If you visit our website
- When you apply for job
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The information we collect about you may vary based on what services and information we provide to you. Typically we need:
- Your name, job title and address so we know who you are and what services you need from us
- Your telephone number and email address so that we can keep in touch with you about your account
- We only collect information about you that we need to make sure you get the best service from us. We respect your privacy and we try to minimise what we do collect.
- We may gather information when you visit our website, such as which pages you visit or how long you spend reading a particular page. This data helps us to improve your online experience.
- We collect personal information (such as information on your CV) when you apply for job opportunities on our website.
We keep a record of the events you attended and emails we send you, and may even track whether you receive or open them so we can make we are sending you the most relevant information.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We use your data to:
- Provide you with the services you want
- Keep you informed with news about AV Dawson and the area in which we operate.
- Tell you about changes in services or new services we feel would be of benefit to you
- Invite you to business, tenant or community events
- Look after your relationship with us, including:
- Seeking your views on any service we provide
- Dealing with any problems, enquiries, or complaints you may have
- Resolving queries on billing and payment
- Keeping our records accurate and up to date
- Comply with any legal or contractual obligations we may have
- Measure the effectiveness of the website
- Enable you to apply online for jobs and keep you informed on the progress of any job application you have made
We will not share any of your personal details with any third party without your explicit consent,
This will only be done if we need to use the information in order to fulfil our contract with you, or for legal reasons allowed by law.
The third-party providers used by us to fulfil our promise to you will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. These providers are carefully selected professional contractors (such as mailing or research companies) who help us provide you with our services. We have legally binding contractual agreements in place with any providers we may use to ensure that your data is secure at all times, and cannot be accessed or used for any other purpose.
GIVING YOU CONTROL
Unless you ask us not to, we will tell you about our services, events, invitations and news. You can opt out of any of these communications at any time. Every time we communicate with you we will tell you how to do this.
We may share your information internally within AV Dawson Limited for the purposes of supplier information, potential employee information and current employee data. We will endure that the transfer of your personal data within AV Dawson Ltd is done securely and will only be used by people that need access to your data for working purposes.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE
We aim to collect accurate and up-to-date information so that we can provide you with the excellent, efficient customer service you demand, and no more.
A lot of the information receive reaches us electronically. We take great care to keep the information we hold about you safe and secure, with robust technical security using secure passwords.
Our policies and processes ensure your information is only available to our employees who need to see it to do their job; these employees are trained to deal with any sensitive data.
We have established procedures and contracts to extend these protections to any other person or organisation we may need to give your information to.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
To make sure we meet our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we will only hold your data for as long as we actually need it and will use it solely for the reason we acquired it.
This will usually be the amount of time you use our services and for a period of time after. We will also continue to use your information as long as you opt in to receive marketing information.
After this period or withdrawal of consent we will delete your data or anonymous it so it cannot be linked to you.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers or six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
YOUR RIGHTS –Access, correction, erasure and restriction
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of personal information held about you
- The right to request that inaccuracies be corrected
- The right to restrict the processing of your data
- The right to withdraw consent at anytime
- The right to erasure
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY AND AMENDMENTS
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website; you should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We’re keen to promote our services and events which we think you may be interested in and from time to time we may contact you with news we think may interest you. Every time we contact you we will give you the opportunity to stop hearing from us. Please contact us if you have any questions or wish to be removed from any communications:
- Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on: 01642 219271
- Or write to us at: Marketing Department, AV Dawson, Commercial Headquarters, Riverside Park Road, Middlesbrough, TS21UT