As part of our review of business requirements, we are looking to enhance our current team focusing on the maintenance of Company and Client trailers, with the addition of a Trailer Fitter/Fabricator.
The key aspects of the role include:
• Carrying out routine trailer inspections in accordance with service and MOT standards and requirements
• Carrying out maintenance service work to trailers
• Carrying out MOT preparation, including repairs where necessary
Knowledge and skill required to be able to carry out this role:
• Experience of maintenance of LGV trailers to the recognized VOSA standard
• Knowledge of ABS/EBS
• LGV Class 1 license (desirable)
As a successful candidate you will have:
• The ability to manage your own time with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent approach to Health and Safety standards and procedures
• Have the ability to work to a pre-determined work schedule to ensure the successful completion of work to the required timescale
It would be advantageous if the successful candidate was able to carry out fault finding, light fabrication work and have knowledge of hydraulics. Ideally having a Level 2 or 3 qualification in heavy vehicle or trailer maintenance.
It is essential that the successful candidate is able to manage their own workload to ensure completion of work to the required timescales. This is a position which is part of a wider team supporting the maintenance of trailers and so team working is essential.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
AV Dawson is a growing company with safety and family values at its heart. From its Port of Middlesbrough base, AV Dawson provides a full freight logistics service, including shipping, rail freight, ware-housing and storage, all supported by an extensive road transport fleet. Employing around 240 people across the region, AV Dawson is dedicated to the development and progression of its employees and strives to give back to the community in which we operate.
Click here of you Want to know what it’s like working for us?
Interested applicants should send a copy of their curriculum vitae and a brief covering letter with salary expectations/current remuneration package to AV Dawson HR Department via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote reference